3 to 5 Year Old Program
As Early Childhood Educator’s we believe that children learn best through play activities, appropriate role modeling and positive reinforcement.
Our centre’s purpose is to provide a warm and loving atmosphere that encourages social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth and development of the child while recognizing and maintaining the uniqueness and individuality of each child.
We will always ensure a safe and clean environment for your child. We will provide many opportunities to encourage each child to become an independent individual.
Our program includes a balance of structured and non-structured age appropriate activities. Activities such as stories, songs, finger painting, field trips, food prep, caring for pets etc. all combine to provide a program intended to make a child’s experience with us a positive one.
We believe parental input and support are important to ensure consistency between home and the daycare environment. Parents are invited to visit the centre at any time. We hope you and your child’s experience with the Shuswap Day Care will be a happy and meaningful one for all.
3-5 year old Program Daily Schedule
- 7:00- 9:30 Arrival, Indoor Free Play (planned art related to learning theme, free play, organized table activities)
- 9:15-9:45 Free Flow Snack (provided by centre)
- 9:45- 10:00 Clean up, transition to group time
- 10:00-10:20 Group Time (show n tell, singing, stories, games)
- 10:20-10:30 Transition to outside & Toilet
- 10:30-11:30 Outdoor Free Play (weather permitting)
- 11:30-12:00 Lunch Time (provided by parents)
- 12:00-12:20 Story Time
- 12:20 Transition to rest time & toilet
- 12:30-1:00 Quiet Time for older children
- 12:30-2:00 Nap Time for younger children
- 1:00-2:00 Quiet indoor free play
- 2:00-2:30 Free Flow Snack (provided by centre)
- 2:30-2:45 Transition to outside time & toilet
- 2:45-4:00 Outside Free Play (weather permitting)
- 4:00 – 5:30 Inside Free Play, structured table activities, departure
*Hot Lunch provided once a month free of charge thanks to the generous support form our local “Hot Lunch Sponsors”
* When weather is nice out we sometimes will stay out longer than posted on the schedule.
3-5 Year Old Program Team
Early Childhood Educator
Kierra has her Early Childhood Education certification and works in our 3-5 year old program. She has been employed by the Society since May 2021. Kierra has 2 years experience in the Early Childhood field, she is very caring and loves to interact, play and follow the child’s lead in play. Kierra enjoys reading and sharing stories with the children. She offers many activities for the children to learn and grow and to express their creativity. She is excited to observe the children demonstrating their learning from her teachings.
Early Childhood Educator
Karen has her Early Childhood Education Certification and works in our 3-5 yr old program. She has been employed by the Society since April 2018. Karen has 26 years experience in the Early Childhood field, she enjoys observing the children and being part of their daily learning and growing. Karen enjoys sharing songs and stories both traditional and modern with the children as well as her cultural experiences including introducing them to sign language. She enjoys creative art and offering opportunities for the children to express their creativity.