Shuswap Day Care Society
To provide a warm and loving atmosphere that encourages social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth and development of the child while recognizing and maintaining the uniqueness and individuality of each child.
- the healthy development of children and their families
- our Early Childcare Educators and are sure to support them in any way we can
- the opinions of our parents and appreciate their suggestions and feedback
- each child’s uniqueness and allow them to learn and grow at their own pace and in their own style.
- every child is entitled to attend a quality early learning program
- that it is the right of all children and their families, whatever their diversity, to take part in and live in communities that welcome, respect, encourage, and support them
- that children learn and develop best through play activities, appropriate role modeling, and positive reinforcement.
- it is important to provide children with a comfortable, respectful, stimulating, safe and clean environment and to provide them with many opportunities to encourage each child to become an independent individual.
- it is important for our staff to take the time to get to know all the children and attempt to develop an open and trusting relationship with each child.
- parental input and support are important to ensure consistency between home and the day care environment.
As Early Childhood Educators we believe that children learn best through play activities, appropriate role modeling and positive reinforcement. Our teacher’s attend, conferences, seminars and workshops to keep current with issues in Early Childhood Education, health and safety.
Our centres purpose is to provide a warm, loving, comfortable, respectful, safe and stimulating environment that encourages social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth and development of the child while recognizing and maintaining the uniqueness and individuality of each child. We believe that all children are uniquely valuable and should be treated with respect and dignity by other children, and by all adults in the world around them.
We will always ensure a safe and clean environment for your child. We will provide many opportunities to encourage each child to become an independent individual.
Our Societies Goals
- promote a child’s sense of individual worth and belonging as a part of a group and community.
- provide opportunities to learn and grow through exploration and play.
- explore small group activities for specific skills
- provide opportunities to experiment and problem solve.
- create a language rich environment through circle time, reading books, songs, and conversations.
- promote awareness of the larger community with guest speakers such as firefighters, dentist, etc.
- establish communication between parents through monthly newsletters, bulletin board, and conversations.