Infant and Toddler Team
We Love our Babies
The Infant and Toddler Program will focus on the interests of the children. Children learn best when they have an interest in what they are doing. Observing the children in their play as well as receiving input will help us determine the interests of the children and use this as a basis for our planning.
Daily Schedule and Program
The program developed for the Infant and Toddlers has been developed with the children’s need’s and interests in mind. The program is very flexible and has no set schedule because the children are at different developmental levels and their routines may differ. An outline of the basic schedule is as follows. Please note naps, eating times as well as diaper changes may differ for each child.
- 7:00- 8:00 Free play & Breakfast (provided by parents)
- 8:00-9:00 Free play with staff
- 9:00- 9:15 Diaper changes, Wash up
- 9:00 – 11:00 Infants nap time (schedules vary for each child)
- 9:15-9:30 Singing, story
- 9:30 Snack (provided by centre)
- 9:45- 10:15 Toddlers and staff separate from younger children and go to activity room where they will participate in an assortment of age appropriate activities such as puzzles, flannel stories, games, building blocks etc. The infants and staff enjoy the room to themselves and the special time together, staff may also plan a special sensory activity.
- 10:15 Transition to outside time
- 10:20- 11:15 Outside Time (weather permitting)
- 11:10 Transition from outside; wash up
- 11:15-11:45 Lunch (provided by parents)
- 11:45-12:00 Wash up, diapers
- 12:00-12:15 transition to nap, storytime
- 12:15-2:00 General nap time for the toddlers, younger children maybe up at this time eating lunch etc. Everyday varies and is unpredictable.
- 2:00 – 3:30 Infant nap time (schedules vary for each child)
- 2:00-2:30 Free play, Table toys
- 2:30 Diapers & wash up
- 2:45-3:00 Snack (provided by centre)
- 3:00 Transition to outside
- 3:00-4:00 Outside time (weather permitting)
- 4:00 Transition to inside
- 4:00-4:15 Diapers
- 4:15-5:30 Quiet indoor activities, free play
- 5:30 Transition to 3-5 year old program
Tanya has her Early Childhood Education certification and specializes in Infant & Toddlers. Tanya has been employed by the Society since January 2016.
Savala Axell, Early Childhood Educator
Savala has her Early Childhood Education certification and works in our Infant and Toddler program. She has been employed by the Society since May 2016.
Becky assists in the various programs as well works in the Out of School Program. Becky has her Early Childhood Assistant Certification and continues to work towards obtaining the Early Childhood Education Certificate. Becky joined our team April 2005.
Shelly Schikowski – Shelly has her ECE assistant certificate and has been with the society since 1991. Shelly works in the Preschool program in the mornings and with the Infant and Toddlers in the afternoon.